Followers

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Razzleberry look!

Hey guys!  I know it's been a while since I last posted and I'm really sorry!  It's been a little crazy here.

I had my first round of chemo last Monday, which while it wasn't as bad as I thought it may be, it wasn't fun.  I was ok on Monday and Tuesday (a little nauseous but whatev), but on Wednesday the medicine kicked in and I wasn't feeling well at all.  And a terrible side effect of the anti nausea medicine that I didn't know about is that it can make your vision fuzzy!  I woke up on Thursday morning and couldn't see things that I normally could!  I swear I had the worst makeup application that day, I couldn't see what I was doing!  But I made it through and have another round this upcoming Monday but at least now I at least kind of know what to expect, I'm not sure if the side effects will change with time or get worse or better but I guess we'll see.

Anyways, I have a look for you today.  I've been getting more and more Makeup Geek eyeshadows and when I was picking out the ones I wanted I knew I wanted one called "Razzleberry" just because it looks fun. Well I got it and it's just been sitting there.  So I finally used it.  When you use this color, you will COMPLETELY understand why it's called Razzleberry haha.  So here's the look I did (sorry I don't have better pictures, I've not been very photogenic lately...).


What I used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX JEP "Milk"
Makeup Geek shadow "Duchess" (purple) on lid and up above crease and under eye
Makeup Geek shadow "Razzleberry" (pink) blended into Duchess and up from there
Makeup Geek "Vanilla Bean" as highlight
MAC Blacktrack fluidline
L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara

I was too lazy to put anything on my lips so that's just my lip color

Razzleberry is definitely a fun color.  There's a bit of glitter in it but that brushed off when I blended it.  It's definitely one of the more pigmented colors I've gotten from MUG (don't get Fuji, it's a letdown).  


So I'm sorry I don't have more looks or better, more interesting looks for you right now.  I've definitely been trying to get better, I just haven't had as much patience as I usually do when I do my makeup.  

Also, I don't know if you noticed the link for Relay for Life in the top left hand corner of my blog but I have a friend who will be walking in an event to support the American Cancer Society and she's walking in honor of me and also her uncle.  If you click on the link you can see what the money goes to, it's really a great program.  My Cancer Center offers so many excellent programs and classes for cancer patients and their family members and I know that the Relay for Life helps support those programs.  If you feel it in your heart to donate to that, we'd all be so grateful.  If not, I totally understand.  

I hope you guys are having a great week!  I'll definitely be posting another look before Monday!  Thank you always for your thoughts and prayers.  They mean so much to me!  Even if I don't personally respond (I've barely gotten on the computer this past week and a half), just know that I've seen what you've said and I appreciate it so much!  Thank you guys for hanging in there with me!

28 comments:

  1. Love the look and glad to see a post from you. I look forward to the next. I hope the nausea and stuff starts going away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing look! It's really pretty.
    I got my Razzleberry yesterday and it is a great color. I already love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Sonja, now I wish I had gotten Razzleberry. I didn't because I already have Sugarpill's Love+ and the two look very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great having not had the chemo that long ago. I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought, I hope the next round goes okay too. Best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep that chin up my girl! Looking as gorgeous as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful look! Stay strong lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing,I love that eye look. Love seeing your posts pop up in my blogger reader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your looks never fail to amaze me!! this one has done it again!!! i love razzleberry! i have it in my collection but dont use it alot. I must try this look! so beautifuL!

    http://www.hellomissniki.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh looks like I need to add another color to my collection - that looks like a very fun one! Love the look! And as always it's wonderful to see you again and hope your next round is easier on you - sending lots of positivity to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful look, now I will need to add Razzleberry to my wishlist I am compiling for my next MUG haul :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOH! Razzleberry looks a bit like Prism from Youngblood that I just bought. I haven't used it yet so I think I might have to *try* to recreate this look! Lovely post; I always enjoy the looks you create =) Oh and my mom's friend had colon cancer; it's in remission now. She said juicing fruits and veggies helped a lot (just not during chemo 'cause of the nausea). I hope you heal fast like Wolverine! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so beautiful in this! I cannot believe that pink eyeshadows can actually look super intense like this :) and your eyecolor is strikingly stunning
    My prayers are with you! Stay Strong and Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Razzleberry looks great, but you look even better!

    Thanks for posting something even though you're not feeling well!

    I'm still praying for you and keep you in my thoughts always.

    I hope you feel better soon lovely (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Razzleberry is a great color! :)
    Although you've had chemo recently I think you look amazing!
    I hope you feel better soon!

    /MadamNoire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing!! I love the look you created :) Keep fighting girl, I hope things will get better very soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look amazing! When I first saw Razzleberry I thought it was a really weird colour that would just look strange, but I see so many great looks with it, I almost want to buy it myself. Paired with the purple, it looks beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been praying for you that you would have grace to get through this and that God would reveal Himself to you through this period of time in your life. Side note: you are quite talented! i've always enjoyed your artisitc ability! Wish I was half as good as you probably were on your blurry day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great! Love the color combo. Don't be afraid to ask your MD or RNs for different antiemetics--sometimes it takes trying a couple before you find the one that works the best with the least side effects for you. Also try ginger--it's a great natural antiemetic. Fresh is better than dried. You can blend it into smoothies or add it to tea. You might also be able to find capsules at a health foods store. Ginger doesn't interact with any other meds so you can mix them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look fantastic and you're so brave. This look is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great to see another post from you beautiful lady! These eyeshadows are GORGEOUS together! I've been itching to get some MUG eyeshadows and that's one I want too haha. I really hope your nausea goes away soon, I wish I could reach through the monitor and hug you! <3 <3 <3 much love to you.

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Sonja,Good to see your face again. I think we all understand that you're not as into it all as usual because you have a lot going on and yet you deliver a stunning look! Good luck with everything, get well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is simply stunning! I have to investigate those Makeup Geek eyeshadows, I think. You're handling the chemo so well. I hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. First... I want to say is you look great! Don't apologize.

    Second... I wish you the best with the chemo. My father just started his treatments for chemo on Wednesday & I stayed with him the whole time. It's not easy or fun but you will get thru this. You are a strong woman & I thank you for continuing to post your fabulous looks.

    I do love this look & going to try it on my brown eyes & see how it looks.

    Big hugs to you & good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  24. And that looks beautiful, going through very difficult times, chemo, and in general the whole situation even nothing can be known. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete