Followers

Friday, October 14, 2011

An easy, universal Halloween look

Let's be honest, unless someone is really into makeup or special effects, or really artsy stuff, for Halloween  most women will be a "sexy" something or other.  And to quote Mean Girls, "Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it." Haha I love that movie.

So I decided to do a look that you could wear with any outfit if you're going for the sexy look.  It has a very cat-eye quality to it. For the actual day of Halloween, I would just add some false lashes and maybe a rhinestone on the inner corner.  So here's what I did.  Haha I had to tone it down a little and not go completely crazy because I knew I had to go to Target after this.



I edit my pictures in Picnik and at the moment, they have an edit where you can make yourself have Vampire eyes, so I did that.  I think it looks cool
Also, if you have a look that's something that's supposed to be "bad" like a witch, a pirate, a vampire, something along those lines, I'd add red lips and not go as heavy on the cheek makeup.

For this look I used : Inglot AMC 61,
which is a blackened blue with navy blue sparkles (not a favorite of mine at all) but I wanted to use this color since I never do.  It basically just looks black but if you blend it out enough, you can see the blue.  I also used a dark tan color from my 88 palette, and my highlight is Inglot 395 P.  The liner is Bobbi Brown "Black Ink" gel liner.  And if I had lash glue I definitely would have added false lashes because I think, especially for Halloween, this look needs them.

To make the shape, the first thing I did was take a smudge brush and drag the dark blue from the corner of my eye to make the wing at the angle I wanted it and then I filled my lid with the color.  I blended it up from there making sure not the lose the wing shape I'd made.  Then I made the inner corner of my eye come to a point with my liner to make the shape a little more dramatic.

I hope this helps someone out there!

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love that look. It's the perfect sexy eye for every outfit, especially a cat costume. I really like the color you used as well with the hint of glitter. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape you made! Not a shape I could wear, but it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, how I love Inglot. I love how awesome yet simple this look is. It's a great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and I love your eye looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty and i love the shape. im going to try this look for halloween since im dressing up as a vampire this year :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! Have you thought about doing video's to show how you do your makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, very sexy, I love the shape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Meredith Jessica: Thank you so much! I agree, it would be awesome for a cat costume!

    @Angie: you could wear this! Especially for Halloween!

    @olgiepolgie: I love them too! I wish I loved the AMC shadows as much as I like the rest but they just don't do it for me like the mattes do, but I love them anyways! Thank you!

    @Michelle: Thank you so much! I'm so glad!

    @MaviDeniz: Oh great! You should post pictures somewhere and then show me a link to them!

    @Anonymous: I have considered it, I'm just not sure exactly how to go about doing it. I don't know if my camera would work for it or if I should use my web cam? I'll definitely consider it some more though! Thank you!

    @Ashii: thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and really brings out your eye color. And I love that quote from Mean Girls... its so true! lol

    ReplyDelete