Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Adele Inspired

I was recently flipping through the newest People Magazine issue and I saw a picture where the makeup really caught my eye.  Then I looked to see who it was because I didn't know and it was Adele.  Now, I don't know anything about Adele except that she's a singer (and from what I've heard, a really good one).  And then I remembered that one of my followers (Thorn246) had suggested that I do a look inspired by her.  So I thought this was the perfect opportunity!

I googled to see if I could find this picture online and I can't so I took a picture of it.  The only problem with that is that you can't really see the colors.  But here it is
 She looks very 60's to me and I was up to the challenge.
I have to be honest here.  I have a really hard time recreating looks.  Whenever I do it, it'll look right in person but as soon as I take a picture, it'll look way too soft.  So here's what I came up with.

I'm so proud because my false lashes actually look good!

To me, her crease color looks to be a darkened warm purple.  So I did what I could to try to make that color using brown, purple, and black (even though it's still not as intense or sharp as hers).  And whoever did her eyeliner is awesome because it's so not as easy as it looks like it would be.

I thought it was a pretty cool look but it really doesn't look very good on me when I have my eyes open.  Oh well.  I like it anyways.  It's not perfect but it was worth a shot.  And I'm glad I tried it!  Thank you Thorn246 for the suggestion!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing mommies out there!  I hope you have the best, most relaxing day!  

11 comments:

  1. ha! I was actually just getting ready to do an Adele inspired look for my blog and then I saw this! I love it! you're so so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, it looks really good and I think you did an amazing job!! I like your cheeks here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job recreating this look! You look very beautiful! Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do an awesome job on your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh love it! I think you did a great job on recreating this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recreation! Adele's look reminds me of Twiggy's look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good! the look fits you well :D this was a good inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Adele!! She is one of my favorites. I think you did an awesome job recreating the look, I love it! I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good! I love your inspired looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you guys so so much! I like trying to recreate looks, just actually getting them to look right is the problem haha.
    @Amalia: thank you! Her skin is a little lighter than mine so I was trying the whole "peaches and cream" skin thing that she has going on. It looks better on her haha.
    @CosmeticsAficionado: I totally agree. It's very much like Twiggy!

    ReplyDelete